Ali Wong and Bill Hader Escalate Their Award Show PDA
The Bear's Ebon Moss-Bachrach and Matty Matheson shared a long smooch after winning Best Comedy Series, and that wasn't even the kiss of the evening.
As far as I’m concerned, there are two candidates for Kiss of the Night from Monday’s Emmys—and it’s a close tie between The Bear co-stars Ebon Moss-Bachrach and Matty Matheson, who shared a prolonged smooch after winning Best Comedy Series, and Ali Wong and Bill Hader.
The couple, who were both up for Emmys, shared a kiss on the lips for all the world to see when Wong won the award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie for Beef. This comes after the two were already photographed kissing at the Critics’ Choice Awards on Sunday night.
“We’re very selectively private,” Wong told Access Hollywood of her relationship with Hader. (I guess they chose this weekend to full-send it!) “I mean, we’ve been together for a minute, so it’s like I guess people didn’t know we were together. But it’s just also like, we’re both in our 40s and are parents.”
Wong and Hader’s award show PDA tour this past weekend comes about a year after reports that the two not only dated at some point but split in December 2022, sometime after she and her husband Justin Hakuta separated. Then in April, Hader and Wong were photographed hiking together and Hader seemingly referred to her as his girlfriend. The reunion seemed almost conspicuously timed, between Hader’s show Barry returning for its final season and the controversy Wong found herself in over defending past remarks from one of her Beef co-stars. Alas, it’s pretty hard to write off this relationship as a PR stunt now, not just because of all the weekend smooching but because of the glow of tenderness and pride in Hader’s eye as he watched Wong accept her Emmy. But then again, these are both highly decorated actors, so who knows what’s real!!
But congrats to Wong on her Emmy, and to Hader on being her date. (And congrats to him on a few other things, too, I guess.)
- Speaking of that The Bear co-star kiss, I love how much Ayo Edebiri loved it. [The Independent]
- Kieran Culkin announced at the Emmys that he’s got a bad case of baby fever. [Los Angeles Times]
- Selena Gomez and boyfriend Benny Blanco were spotted together at the Emmys—a likely place for them to be! [Pop Crave]
- Elton John is officially an EGOT! [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Speaking of award shows, Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish, and Dua Lipa are all slated to perform at the Grammys in February. [Variety]
- Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker are one of those couples who like to match. OK! [Page Six]
- White Lotus co-stars and IRL couple Meghann Fahy and Leo Woodall got a little cozy at an Emmys afterparty… [Entertainment Tonight]
- After a contentious divorce, Kevin Costner’s ex-wife Christine Baumgartner is now apparently dating Costner’s friend, financier Josh Connor. At this point, you almost have to respect the commitment to mess! [Page Six]
- Bachelor Nation’s Clare Crawley welcomed her first baby with husband Ryan Dawkins. [Us Weekly]