Please Show Dua Lipa’s New, Extremely Hot Boyfriend Some Respect
Callum Turner is not just some “mystery man” as he was identified by TMZ—he’s also Vanessa Kirby’s ex, and he’s also extremely hot.
About a month ago, news broke that Dua Lipa and her very hot French director boyfriend Romain Gavras split up, setting the stage for the reveal we’ve all been waiting for: her next boyfriend. On Wednesday night, the paps caught Dua slow-dancing with and kissing an unidentified man at the premiere party for Apple TV+’s new show, Masters of the Air. The gentleman in question was then identified late Thursday as none other than British actor Callum Turner, a star of the new series, which is about World War II or something. (Who’s really watching a show for the subject matter when it stars Turner, Barry Keoghan, and Austin Butler??)
Of course, before Turner was identified, TMZ and other tabloids christened him “Dua Lipa’s new mystery man,” which is a very cool nickname but… come on guys! He’s so much more than that. Ahem, Turner is also Vanessa Kirby’s ex (the two dated from 2015 to 2020.) And he’s also been in some pretty big projects, like Fantastic Beasts and, more recently, The Boys in the Boat. But most importantly… the man is a walking thirst trap.
An insider told Page Six that Dua and Turner’s relationship is “new, but they’re mad about each other.” Dua was at the premiere apparently not out of reverence for the troops, but solely “to support him.” Wow!
Pop stans rarely approve of their queens’ male consorts, especially if they aren’t the most, err, conventionally attractive. I give you: the reactions to Ariana Grande dating Ethan Slater, or Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco, or, almost a year ago, Taylor Swift and Matty Healy. (Swift’s fans do, however, seem to tolerate Travis Kelce!) So, the fact that Dua’s fans are expressing pretty vocal approval of her new relationship—at least for now—shows I am clearly not the only one who finds this man almost oppressively attractive.
Clearly, nature is healing: It girls are dating conventionally hot actor-men again. Power couples are back. And through it all, paparazzi are being as invasive as ever. I wish Dua and her very handsome new manlet all the best, and have just one simple request for them: that they at some point recreate these iconic photos of Turner and Kirby, shoeless in the streets, wrapped around him like an adorable little monkey. Then and only then will Dua and Turner have my much-coveted approval.
- Sources are forecasting a Taylor Swift-Travis Kelce engagement by this summer. We’ll see! [Page Six]
- FKA Twigs hit back at the U.K.’s Advertising Standards Authority for banning her Calvin Klein ad this week: “i do not see the ‘stereotypical sexual object’ that they have labelled me. i see a beautiful strong woman of colour whose incredible body has overcome more pain than you can imagine.” [Instagram]
- It seems Ariana Grande’s new album will center around how the media victimized her over her alleged homewrecking… [Billboard]
- Cool! Andrew Garfield apparently has a new girlfriend. [Elle]
- Kristen Stewart declares Twilight “such a gay movie,” and I need to know her favorite queer Twilight fan fics ASAP. [Pop Base]
- Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco are reportedly pretty serious, insiders say, and yeah, we could tell by all the constant influx of selfies and PDA! [Page Six]