Britney Spears Seemingly Apologizes to Justin Timberlake for No Reason
“I wanna apologize for some of the things I wrote about in my book," Spears wrote. She also praised Justin's new song and then made her Instagram private.
Late Sunday night, while Nicki Minaj was busy desperately trying to escalate her feud with Megan Thee Stallion, Britney Spears was awake doing the opposite: attempting to bury a hatchet of her own. In a new Instagram post, Spears appeared to apologize to ex Justin Timberlake for the varying revelations about him she included in her memoir, which didn’t exactly portray the former boy band frontman in a positive light—but who cares??? He could have just not done all those things!
“I wanna apologize for some of the things I wrote about in my book. If I offended any of the people I genuinely care about I am deeply sorry…” Spears wrote. She even inexplicably plugged Timberlake’s new music: “I also wanted to say I am in love with Justin Timberlake’s new song ‘Selfish’ it is soo good.” The compliment comes as her fans have been busy streaming Spears’ 2011 track “Selfish.” Spears posted a snippet of Timberlake’s recent appearance on Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show and added, “How come every time I see Justin and Jimmy together I laugh so hard ??? Ps ‘Sanctified’ is wow too.”
Miss Spears is possibly too good of a person. There’s really no need for any apology whatsoever. In her memoir, she recounts Timberlake’s infidelity during their relationship, how he broke up with her via text, was unhelpful and weird during her abortion, and often spoke in a deeply cringe blaccent. These are all pretty shitty things to do and are all on top of the things we already knew Timberlake did, like slut-shame and demean Spears any chance he got post-breakup—only to provide a half-assed apology nearly two decades too late.
Sure, in the aftermath of Spears’ memoir, Timberlake was reportedly “not at all happy” and even turned his Instagram comments off shortly after the book came out. But why should Spears have to apologize for the fact that it’s not the 2000s anymore and people actually vaguely care how you treat women now??? And as for her kind words about his new music, I’m with my colleague Audra Heinrichs: It’s really nothing to write home about!
Shortly after extending the olive branch to Timberlake, Spears seems to have made her Instagram page private, probably anticipating all her fans begging her not to show Timberlake mercy. But honestly, I’m for whatever makes her happy—all I’ll say is she’s a much bigger person than I am.
- Sigh. What is actually wrong with Nicki Minaj? [Rolling Stone]
- But while Minaj spent the weekend melting down on social media and being friendly with Ben Shapiro, Megan Thee Stallion seems to have been having the time of her life partying with Victoria Monét. [TMZ]
- This very sweet moment between Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce after the Chiefs advanced to the Super Bowl is giving Troy and Gabriela in High School Musical. [Page Six]
- Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes’ exes Andrew Shue and Marilee Fiebig were spotted together at JFK amid dating rumors. Cool! [People]
- Khloe Kardashian says “Working out is my therapy,” which is great and all, but personally, if I’d been cheated on that many times, therapy would be my therapy! [Page Six]
- Hmm… Lady GaGa reshared old songs under her government name Stefani Germanotta. [Pop Crave]
- Dakota Johnson keeps it real, says she doesn’t know if her new movie Madame Web “is going to be good at all.” [Variety]