Welcome to Barf Bag, a daily politics roundup to help you sort through the chaotic Trumpian news cycle.
Take my poll.
Here’s all the shit we couldn’t cover today:
- Celebs are awkwardly trying to use their Instagram profiles to convince Ivanka Trump to do something about the child separation crisis at the border. Ivanka almost certainly won’t do shit, but okay, Amy Schumer.
- Arguments in favor ending or saving the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program began today before a federal judge in Texas. [CNN]
- Republican Congressman and Trump shill Chris Collins was charged with insider trading. Maybe he should hit up Martha Stewart for some words of wisdom. [Vox]
- Rand Paul delivered a letter from Trump to Putin. Okay! [NBC News]
- Alex Jones’ lawyer, Mark Bankston, wants to dox Sandy Hook parents. Reminder: The families of Sandy Hook victims are harassed to this day by those who’ve bought into Jones’ assertion that Sandy Hook was a hoax. [Huffington Post]
- God loves Jeff Sessions again? [CNN]
- Remember those executives who distanced themselves from Trump when he refused to condemn the white supremacists behind last year’s deadly clashes in Charlottesville? Well, apparently time heals all wounds. [Politico]
Here are some tweets the president was allowed to publish today:
This has been Barf Bag