The Internet Is Buzzing Over Beyoncé’s New Tracklist
Will we get another Megan Thee Stallion collaboration? Fingers crossed! A cameo from her husband? Hopefully not!CelebritiesDirt Bag
“Heated.” “Thique.” “Church Girl.” Believe it or not, those aren’t nicknames from seasons 1-3 of Vh1’s acclaimed series, Flavor of Love, which saw a senescent rapper extend epithets that suit his fading memory to bevies of bodacious beauties. They’re tracks from Beyoncé’s impending album, Renaissance!
Yesterday, just a week and a half away from the release of her seventh studio album, the star granted fans a first look at the tracklist via her Instagram stories, and because she is nothing if not a merciful queen, Bey looks to be delivering 16! whole! songs! With names like the aforementioned, the hive is now left to buzz over what surprises each one could hold. Another Megan Thee Stallion collaboration? Fingers crossed! A cameo from her husband? Hopefully not!
To aid in your own speculation, here’s the full tracklist:
- I’m That Girl
- Alien Superstar
- Cuff It
- Church Girl
- Plastic Off The Sofa
- Virgo’s Groove
- All Up In Your Mind
- America Has A Problem
- Summer Renaissance
Now, I’m pretty sure what “America Has A Problem” is about—though it’s difficult to imagine Beyoncé sharing any of our problems—and already, the Virgos have claimed track 8 (which is a whopping 6 minutes and 8 seconds long). However, “Plastic Off The Sofa” leaves much to mull on. For all we know, it’s either an ode to grandmothers everywhere or a veiled metaphor for raw-dogging it this summer—even though a significant swath of her fanbase currently cannot do that without the fear of forced birth in a world that’s rapidly deteriorating.
Fortunately, one thing we can all be absolutely certain of is her intention for the work writ large, thanks to a blurb Bey shared on Instagram with the Renaissance cover art:
Creating this album allowed me a place to dream and to find escape during a scary time for the world. It allowed me to feel free and adventurous in a time when little else was moving. My intention was to create a safe place, a place without judgment. A place to be free of perfectionism and overthinking. A place to scream, release, feel freedom. It was a beautiful journey of exploration. I hope you find joy in this music. I hope it inspires you to release the wiggle. Ha! And to feel as unique, strong, and sexy as you are.
Currently, I am feeling everything but unique, strong, and sexy, but in this climate, I do enjoy screaming. Can’t wait!
- File this under Don’t Threaten Me With A Good Time: Lindsay Lohan says she wants to work with Lady Gaga. [Film Updates]
- The girls are fighting! New paparazzi photos reveal a June 28 row between none other than newly shackled Ben Affleck (holding a diet coke and a cigarette) and OG short-king Chris Messina, on the set of an upcoming film about the Nike founder’s pursuit of Michael Jordan. [Radar Online]
- “I thought I had lost my voice forever. I thought that was it,” Shania Twain, the best-selling female artist in country music and one of the best-selling artists of all time, said about being cheated on, by a man absolutely no one gives a shit about, in her new Netflix documentary. [Variety]
- The new Bridgerton season has officially started filming and the ton is alive! [E! Online]
- Will Smith will be paid $35 million—the largest upfront salary reported this year—for a new Apple TV+ thriller. Meanwhile, Margot Robbie will receive $12.5 million for Greta Gerwig’s Barbie. Who does she need to slap for a raise? [Complex]
- As he continues to cosplay as a presidential candidate, Prince Harry spoke about climate change at the United Nations, despite one expert who said he was “completely unqualified” to do so. I mean, unqualified people are part and parcel of the U.N., no? [Page Six]