Grumpy Cat Gets a Movie Deal, Is Still Pissed


Grumpy Cat, a cat famous for having a constant look of disgust on her face and yes it’s 2013 and this is what fame is like in the future, has been tapped to star in a “Garfield-like feature film.” The movie will co-star Jack Black and Will Ferrell, and is considered a top priority at New Line Cinema. You cannot make this shit up — but if you had, you’d probably be a multi-gajabillionaire by now.

But who would see Grumpy Cat: The Last Grump (working title)? Well, me. And you. And, um, all of her millions of fans, and probably anyone with a brain and a heart.

“This started off as a picture of a cat, but rare is an image that evokes that much comedy,” producer Todd Garner said. “You read all of the memes and the comments, and one is funnier than the next. We think we can build a big family comedy around this character.”

I just want to really drive home the fact that a cat can get a movie made and 99 percent of the rest of us can’t. Grumpy Cat is now the 1 percent. That is all.


Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Share Tweet Submit Pin