Miracle Vodka Saves Puppy From Poisoning


Charlie the Maltese nearly died of kidney failure after licking up antifreeze he found in the garage. Luckily, he was saved by the timely administration of a bottle of vodka.

Despite what your sophomore year in college might lead you to believe, the vodka was not used as an emetic. Apparently, liquor changes the chemistry of antifreeze and makes it easier to flush from the body, making it the antidote of choice in Australia. Back in January, another Aussie pup was saved with the same trick.

“He was stumbling around, I’d go to pat him and he’d push me away like a normal drunk person, he was vomiting a little, whining like a drunk,” owner Jacinta Rosewarne told Australia’s Herald Sun. “For the whole weekend, Charlie had a huge party with us in the Pet ICU,” reports the blog for the local Animal A&E. Wait ’til Charlie gets a load of tequila!

(h/t Fark, Metro)

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Share Tweet Submit Pin